Simply follow the steps below to complete an OpenMarkets application form.
Key account features:
A standard trading account allows you to trade Australian cash equities e.g. Stocks, ETFs, Hybrids and Warrants.
To trade Options you will need to complete an Options Application Form in addition to an account application form.
Options can only be traded through Iress platforms. See products by platforms here.
TraCRs can only be traded on Chi-X through Iress platforms. See products by platforms here.
Step 1 Complete one of the below applications according to account type:
Australian residents only
In the application you’ll be asked to:
Choose your settlement type
New Holder Identification Number (HIN)
Transfer existing HIN from another broker
Settle using a margin loan
All trading accounts are CHESS Sponsored by OpenMarkets, unless you wish to settle transactions and hold assets using your margin loan.
Step 2 Submit your application to OpenMarkets (paper forms only)
- a copy of your driver’s licence OR
- a copy of your passport and utility bill confirming your residential address
Note: we will conduct an electronic check of your identity and documentation.
OpenMarkets, Suite 300, 189 Queen Street Melbourne VIC 3000 Australia
- an original certified copy of your driver’s licence (include back if address has changed) OR
- an original certified copy of your passport plus a copy of a bill no more than 3 months’ old
- Foreign applicants note: Two forms of photo ID must be provided (e.g. a passport + national ID card or drivers licence). If your country’s driver’s licence does not display your photo, then a certified copy of your passport only will be accepted. Note also that we can only accept applications from those in our approved country list.